- How long does treatment take? This may seem obvious with a name like Six Month Smiles, but most patients are keen to know exactly how long their treatment will take. The average treatment time for this system is six months, but the exact time may vary slightly according to your individual needs.
- Do Six Month Smiles braces hurt? It’s common to assume that braces are going to be painful and while they may be uncomfortable to begin with, the reality is that after the first couple of days you should find your braces very comfortable. Six Month Smiles uses the latest technology to produce gentle friction-free technology to move the teeth quickly with minimal discomfort. It is normal to find wearing braces a little odd at first, but you will soon get used to them.
- Will I have to change what I eat? It’s true that eating certain types of foods can be difficult with braces, however you shouldn’t have to adapt your diet dramatically and you will soon get used to eating with your braces. For the first couple of days it is best to avoid chewy and hard foods.
- How will I brush my teeth? You can still brush your teeth easily and effectively with braces and your dentist will show you how it’s done. With fixed braces, it’s a good idea to brush your teeth during the day as well as in the mornings and evenings, as food can get trapped in the brackets and bands.
- What will my braces look like? Many patients have concerns about what they look like when they have their braces fitted. One of the best things about Six Month Smiles is that it offers a discreet alternative to traditional fixed braces. These sleek braces are made from clear brackets and tooth-coloured wires, so they are barely noticeable.
Posts Tagged ‘six month smile’
All about Six Month SmilesIf time is of the essence or you’re eager to impress at a wedding or a landmark birthday party, Six Month Smiles could be the ideal solution for you. This swift orthodontic system uses the latest technology to move the teeth rapidly, enabling you to show off a new smile in half the time of most other fixed brace treatments. It’s understandable to wonder how this brace works so much faster than others and to assume that there must be some kind of catch. However, we can assure you that Six Month Smiles is every bit as impressive as it sounds. This system is able to achieve results quickly for two key reasons: firstly, it focuses on the front teeth only, as these are the teeth that are visible when you smile, and secondly, it uses state of the art technology to accelerate tooth movement.
What do Six Month Smile braces look like?The good news for patients who are looking for speed and style is that Six Month smile braces are incredibly discreet. They are made from clear components and are fine and delicate, so you don’t need to worry about feeling self-conscious when you smile.
Is Six Month Smiles for me?This system is designed to benefit patients who have minor to moderate issues that concern the front teeth. If you need a lot of movement or you have issues that involve the entire arch, other treatments may be recommended. When you have your consultation, your dentist will carry out some tests and checks to see if Six Month Smiles is a viable option. If this is not the best solution, your dentist will be happy to talk about other treatment options with you and explain the pros and cons of all the suitable treatments to help you make a decision.
The ins and outs of Six Month SmilesSix Month Smiles is a really impressive fixed brace treatment and it takes just six months to correct minor to moderate orthodontic issues. Treatment times are shorter than many other systems out there for two reasons: firstly, the braces employ the latest technology and secondly, the system focuses on the teeth than can be seen when you smile. Aside from rapid results, there are various additional benefits for patients to enjoy including discretion and enhanced comfort. These braces use self-ligating forces to reduce friction and discomfort and they are also made from clear brackets and tooth-coloured wires, making them much less visible than conventional fixed braces.
When can Six Month Smiles be used?Six Month Smiles braces are ideally suited to patients who have minor or moderate issues that involve the teeth located towards the front of the mouth. Examples of cases include mild crowding, gaps between the front teeth and crooked front teeth. They are an excellent choice for those who are looking for results in time for a special occasion such as a wedding or graduation. At Clifton Dental studio, we understand the impact orthodontic issues can have on confidence and self-esteem and we use treatments like Six Month Smiles to build our patient’s confidence and enable them to feel amazing when they smile. If you would like to find out more or book a consultation to see if Six Month Smiles is a good choice for you, call us today!