What are the pros and cons?
- A boost in self-esteem: having a winning smile that you are proud to show off can do wonders for your self-confidence, leading to a happier, healthier outlook in life.
- A simple process: with many at-home teeth whitening kits and over the counter products, teeth whitening can be both simple and affordable.
- Safe treatment: with dental assisted teeth whitening procedures, there is little to no risk. Though of course it’s important to only receive treatment from experienced dental professionals.
- Weakening of the enamel: unfortunately, some of the chemicals used in certain teeth whitening procedures can weaken the enamel over time leading to problems.
- Sensitivity: a downside to teeth whitening is that you might experience sensitive teeth.