Getting braces is a pretty big decision, so it’s understandable to have lots of questions if you’re thinking about having orthodontic treatment or considering your treatment options. At Clifton Dental Studio, we are delighted to offer a range of orthodontic systems and services, including the sensational Six Month Smiles. If you’re interested in finding out more about this fabulous fixed brace treatment, here are some answers to the most frequently asked questions:
- How long does treatment take? This may seem obvious with a name like Six Month Smiles, but most patients are keen to know exactly how long their treatment will take. The average treatment time for this system is six months, but the exact time may vary slightly according to your individual needs.
- Do Six Month Smiles braces hurt? It’s common to assume that braces are going to be painful and while they may be uncomfortable to begin with, the reality is that after the first couple of days you should find your braces very comfortable. Six Month Smiles uses the latest technology to produce gentle friction-free technology to move the teeth quickly with minimal discomfort. It is normal to find wearing braces a little odd at first, but you will soon get used to them.
- Will I have to change what I eat? It’s true that eating certain types of foods can be difficult with braces, however you shouldn’t have to adapt your diet dramatically and you will soon get used to eating with your braces. For the first couple of days it is best to avoid chewy and hard foods.
- How will I brush my teeth? You can still brush your teeth easily and effectively with braces and your dentist will show you how it’s done. With fixed braces, it’s a good idea to brush your teeth during the day as well as in the mornings and evenings, as food can get trapped in the brackets and bands.
- What will my braces look like? Many patients have concerns about what they look like when they have their braces fitted. One of the best things about Six Month Smiles is that it offers a discreet alternative to traditional fixed braces. These sleek braces are made from clear brackets and tooth-coloured wires, so they are barely noticeable.